I’m very happy to announce I’m hours away from submitting my superhero novella so I can finally shut the hell up about it for a while. I finished the first drafts of the synopsis and blurb last night. The submission guidelines said two to five pages for the synopsis. Dummy me, I forgot that page one was the cover sheet and the last page was where I had been staging my query letter. So, I panicked when I came in at a solid six pages and immediately began slashing and burning. When I realized my mistake, I was at three pages and change for the synopsis alone. I suppose that’s not a bad thing, being succinct.
The best news I’m hours away from being able to report in full. Suffice to say that the nibble I mentioned in my last post has turned into a huge BITE! I’ll be announcing more and updating my goals in Wednesday’s report.
I withdrew my steampunk short story from the indie publisher for whom I had originally written it. I submitted my piece instead to a steampunk anthology with a publisher that has purchased my work before. Publisher B said no sim-subs but more importantly, I began to have serious doubts about the solvency of publisher A. That was my cue to officially bow out once and for all. I’d rather have it in a steampunk anthology than a thematic anthology anyway. I plan to write more steampunk and this anthology would give me a more recognizable street cred.
My cumulative statistics are on my ROW80-3 page.
The Linky site lists other participants’ progress reports. Give them some encouragement too.