Here are the “FAR” goals I established for this round of ROW80:
F-INISHING works in progress by adding >500 weekly new words, net.
A-DDING >1000 weekly new words to works with 10k words or less to them, and
R-EVISING two works for submission (converting one from adult to new adult and editing one based on feedback.) by tackling at least ONE chapter per week.
First week’s results:
FINISHING: Difficult to measure this one. My total word count on my 2013 NaNo novel dropped by 3700 (and my Scrivener trash can got a lot fuller) but I know I added at least 500 new words, given I worked on this project most of Saturday. I altered the direction and pace of the book and deleted some text I may use later. The goal was 500 NET words, however. Though technically, I didn’t achieve my goal, I’m still calling this one a win because I’ll probably use the over 4300 words cut later in the story, in a better place.
ADDING: Wrote 3918 words on my new adult novel.
REVISING: 1 chapter of MFV revised.
A good first week. I did have to consciously make myself move from one project to another in order to address the 3 different goals, but I’m glad I did. I feel more accomplished and I’m happy to move closer to completion on some idling projects.
Thanks to all who have visited me so far and offered words of encouragement. 🙂