Guest author Terri Rochenski has the keys to my blog today to tell you a little bit about her new release, Secret of the Souls, book #2 in the Pool of Souls series.
Writing a series always has its challenges. I asked Terri what some of hers were in writing book two of Pool of Souls. Here she is to tell you more about it…
Ten goofs I made / corrected while writing book #2 of Pool of Souls
- For some reason when I try to type the word ‘from’, my fingers type ‘form’. More than one such occurrence was found while editing!!
- Horrible, but … occasionally I still put in two spaces after a sentence. *slinks away in embarrassment*
- Some days the brain forgets there’s such a thing as these little tricksters: lead / led and beacon / beckon. Yeah. My brain no likey these two.
- During edits, I realized my love affair with ‘eyes’ and ‘gaze’.
- In fantasy, there are always strange names, and although I try to choose pretty basic, easy to pronounce ones, I STILL misspell them. *face palm*
- Trying to remember when to use Lord / lord, Lady / lady, & King / king. You’d think after the first of the series being published that I would have a clue.
- Moving body parts. Yup. Like this one booboo I had to fix:
Lord Thayne’s fist smashed onto the bath’s tiled edge. Um. No.
The lord smashed his fist onto the bath’s tiled edge. Much better.
- A person’s gaze TO someone rather than ON them while speaking. *double face palm*
- PoV breeches. Bad, bad, bad.
- Missing quotation marks!!!
Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.
Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her three young children allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on the couch with a book or pencil in hand, and toothpicks propping her eyelids open.
Find more about Terri at www.terrirochenski.com
Thank you so much for hosting me today, Claire!!
You’re very welcome. Any time, Terri. 🙂